The Conference of Co-founders is a body of RNIDS comprising the authorised representatives of all co-founders. Co-founders participate in the work of RNIDS, inspect, supervise and exercise their other rights in accordance with the RNIDS Statute through the Conference of Co-founders.
Sessions of the Conference of Co-founders are convened and presided over by the Chair of the Conference of Co-founders.
Sessions of the Conference of Co-founders can be regular, extraordinary or electoral. The Conference of Co-founders approves the Rules of Procedure for the Conference of Co-founders, which govern its work in more detail.
Regular sessions of the Conference of Co-founders are held twice a year, the first by the end of the second quarter and the second by the end of the fourth quarter.
Extraordinary sessions of the Conference of Co-founders may be convened at the request of the Board of Governors or at the request of the authorised representatives of the co-founders where this is supported by more than 25% of the total number of authorised representatives of the co-founders; this request must be accompanied by a proposed agenda.
Electoral sessions of the Conference of Co-founders are held to elect members to the Board of Governors and/or the Chair and/or the Deputy Chair of the Conference of Co-founders of RNIDS.
By majority vote of members present, the Conference of Co-founders:
- approves the annual and end-of-term reports on the work of the Board of Governors
- decides on the membership of RNIDS in local and international organisations
- approves general enactments governing the registration of national domains and disputes concerning the national domains
- decides, as required, on the convening of working groups or bodies for matters within its sphere of responsibility
- approves enactments relating to remuneration for the work of bodies appointed by the Conference of Co-founders
- decides on the disposal of funds and assets valued at greater than 30% of the annual revenue of RNIDS
- approves the independent auditor’s report
- approves the Code of Ethics
- approves the enactment of policy and procedures for the prevention of conflicts of interest
- approves the Reporting Policy at the proposal of the Board of Governors which guarantees the right of the Conference of Co-founders to access information of importance for the work of RNIDS
- decides on and approves other enactments in accordance with applicable regulations and the Statute
By vote of more than two-thirds of members present, the Conference of Co-founders:
- approves, amends and supplements the provisions of the RNIDS Statute
- decides on the revocation of RNIDS co-founder status
- takes decisions on the appointment and dismissal of the Chair and Deputy Chair of the Conference of Co-founders
- decides on the dismissal of members of the Board of Governors by secret ballot
Multiple affiliated parties who are RNIDS co-founders are for the purposes of voting considered one single RNIDS co-founder and when voting have only one vote.