A company interested in becoming an accredited registrar must fulfil the following basic conditions:
- must be a legal entity or sole trader with registered office in Serbia
- must possess the technical and administrative capabilities to provide domain name registration services in accordance with the General terms and conditions for operation of accredited national domain name registrars, the Technical and administrative terms of accredited registrars and other RNIDS enactments
- must be in a financial position to remit the required fee and advance payment
If the basic conditions have been met, the future accredited registrar must:
- remit the fee for verification of technical ability to provide domain name registration services
- enter into an Agreement on the Provision of National Internet Domain Name Registration Services with RNIDS
- remit advance payment to the value of the fees for at least 200 domain years in the .RS domain space, in accordance with the RNIDS fee schedule
- successfully undergo inspection to ensure their technical and administrative capabilities to provide domain name registration services, within 30 days of signing the Agreement
- during the conduct of its business activities, provide registration services in accordance with current RNIDS enactments
If your company meets the conditions above and wants to become an accredited national domain name registrar, you must do the following:
1. Carefully familiarise yourselves with all the general enactments of RNIDS.
2. Complete an application to become an accredited national Internet domain name registrar and submit it in electronic form to and in printed form by registered mail or courier to RNIDS’ postal address.
The application should be accompanied by the following documents:
- a description of the organisation which is to provide accredited registrar services
- a breakdown of staff and their abilities in regard to providing accredited registrar services
- a description of the technical capabilities of the accredited registrar for the provision of registration services
- a description of the procedures for national domain name registration services and provision of support to registrants
- the website address of the accredited registrar for national domain name registration services
- an application for approval for use of a web application if the accredited registrar wishes to carry out registrations using their own web application
3. Remit the fee for verification of technical ability (testing) to provide national domain name registration services (currently 10,000 RSD, excluding VAT).
4. Based on the submitted application and documentation, RNIDS will decide whether to enter into an agreement within 14 days of the successful completion of the testing phase.
5. If the decision of RNIDS regarding the application is positive, an Agreement on the Provision of National Internet Domain Name Registration Services will be entered into with your company; this will be delivered to you by registered mail or courier.
6. After signing the Agreement, based on a pro-forma invoice that will be supplied, you need to remit to RNIDS’ bank account an advance payment equal to the fees for the registration of at least 200 domain-years in the .RS domain (currently 1,350 RSD per domain-year plus VAT, i.e. a total of at least 270,000 RSD plus VAT), according to the current RNIDS fee schedule.
7. Once the procedure is successfully completed, your company will gain the status of accredited registrar for national Internet domains and may begin providing registration services to end users.
8. RNIDS will add your company and website to its list of accredited registrars.
You will also have the right to display the accredited registrar sign on your website and business premises. On your site you should also have a link to the page on the RNIDS website describing the system of accredited registrars and the option to file complaints against accredited registrars.