The Board of Governors constitutes the highest level of management of RNIDS, concerning itself with the implementation of the objectives of RNIDS as established by the Statute and the decisions and other enactments of RNIDS. The Board of Governors has seven members, of which one is Chair and one Deputy Chair. Members of the Board of Governors are elected by the RNIDS Conference of Co-founders.
Candidacy for membership of the Board of Governors is open to all adults with citizenship of the Republic of Serbia who meet the requirements of the RNIDS Statute and who are prepared to contribute to the achievement of the objectives of RNIDS. The Board of Governors serves a three-year term of office, and members of the Board of Governors can be elected for a maximum of two consecutive terms.
10 years’ relevant professional experience, or a university degree and a minimum of 5 years’ relevant professional experience are prerequisites for election as a member of the Board of Governors, in addition to high moral and ethical standards. A member of the Board of Governors cannot serve as an authorised representative to the Conference of Co-founders during his or her term of office on the Board.
The Chair and Deputy Chair of the Board of Governors are elected by the Board from among its own number at the first session after the completion of elections for the Board of Governors. The Board of Governors takes binding decisions with a quorum of more than half of its total members, by majority vote.
Scope of activity of the Board of Governors:
- managing the operation of RNIDS and taking decisions aimed at pursuing the organisation’s objectives
- deciding on the membership of RNIDS of other parties in the capacity of co-founder
- passing general enactments which are not within the purview of the Conference of Co-founders
- approving the RNIDS Strategy, Work Plan and Programme in consultation with the Conference of Co-founders, whose opinion at each stage of the development of these enactments is of particular importance
- approving the Financial Plan and the Annual Accounts
- choose the auditing company
- giving approval for procurements with an estimated value exceeding the amount established by separate RNIDS enactments
- determining the date on which the list of Co-Founders with the right to participate in the Conference of Co-Founders is finalised
- proposing general enactments and amendments to them which are within the scope of responsibility of the Conference of Co-founders
- appointing, supervising and dismissing the director; approving the job description and conditions which the director must meet
- appointing other RNIDS legal representatives
- appointing the Internal Auditor and approving his or her reports
- concerning itself with public transparency
- deciding on the pricing of the national domain registration services performed by RNIDS
- making proposals to the Conference of Co-founders regarding the membership or cessation of membership of RNIDS in local or international organisations
- concerning itself with the enforcement of Conference of Co-founders enactments
- proposing a Reporting Policy to the Conference of Co-founders
- managing risk
- taking decisions on other matters in accordance with law and the enactments of RNIDS
- deciding on the participation of RNIDS representatives in local or international conferences